Some of the whitest sand in the world can be found in Destin, FL. The sand is actually finely ground quartz crystal resembling the appearance of sugar; it comes from the Appalachian Mountains and flows down the Apalachicola River depositing itself into the Gulf of Mexico.
Destin sits along the coast in the Florida Panhandle and is commonly known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.” Destin has grown from a historic fishing village to a premier action resort destination that attracts over six million tourists annually and is ranked in the top ten vacation rental destinations in the country. Although Memorial Day through Labor Day is considered the most popular season for beach-goers, savvy vacationers have come to enjoy the area in the spring and fall, when the weather is more temperate and rates are low. The locals, golfers, shoppers and fisherman find these seasons a great time to be at the beach. Or maybe you’d prefer one of these places of interest:
- Destin Commons – The Emerald Coast’s “Best Shopping Complex” is an architecturally unique project gracefully spread over 56 acres covering 470,000 square feet of food, fashion and fun. It boasts a prize mix of retail stores, restaurants, a 14-screen stadium styled theater, Class-A office space and a Center Plaza offering a soft-play kids playground with a 49-head pop fountain.
- Destin Harbor is home to Florida’s largest fishing charter boat fleet, dolphin cruises and boating adventures on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Henderson Beach State Park – Enjoy truly breathtaking sunsets while relaxing or camping by the warm emerald green waters in this state park of pristine white sugar sand beaches and more than 6,000 feet of natural scenic shoreline bordering the Gulf of Mexico.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is a world of its own that offers exceptional Destin vacation rentals and hotel accommodations, as well as a picturesque pedestrian village with one-of-a-kind dining, shopping and entertainment choices.
- James Lee Park is located at the beach on the Walton/Oskaloosa County line, with 3 pavilions, 41 picnic tables, 9 dune walkovers, a playground, restrooms with changing rooms and 166 parking spaces.
- Jolee Island Nature Park is a rustic five-acre park where you can create your own nature escape.
- Big Kahuna’s Water and Adventure Park – This Water Park features more than 40 water attractions with dozens of slides, quiet pools and the biggest man-made waterfall in the world!
- Silver Sands Outlet Mall – A shopper’s paradise of the nation’s largest designer outlet center with over 100 designer names.
The natural beauty of spectacular emerald-colored water and sugar-white sand makes Destin a tropical paradise location as a great vacation spot or wonderful place to live. With an exciting variety of homes and neighborhoods, the area offers Florida real estate that’s like a vacation for the soul. Contact us today to make Destin your destiny!
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.